We are happy to announce that AOS 5.19 (STS), along with AHV-20201105-12, NCC 126.96.36.199, Foundation 4.6, and LCM 188.8.131.52 are all available for download on the Nutanix Portal. Please refer to the release notes in the portal for a deeper explanation.
Some new and notable updates and features:
Note: Nutanix highly recommends updating NCC to version 184.108.40.206 or later versions for updated checks compatible with AOS 5.19 and later versions.
New and Updated Features | AOS 5.19
- Support for Multi-Site Replication with Leap: You can now create protection policies to replicate the recovery points to one or more recovery availability zones. You can replicate the recovery points to at most two different AHV or ESXi clusters at the same or different availability zones.
- Support for Cross cluster live migration with Leap: You can now perform live migration of the guest VMs protected with Synchronous replication schedule. Live migration offers zero downtime of your protected guest VMs during a planned failover event to the recovery availability zone
- License Manager / Licensing as a Service: License Manager introduces licensing as a service for Prism Element and Prism Central clusters. It is updated independently from Nutanix software such as AOS, Prism Central, Nutanix Cluster Check, and so on.
- Storage Capacity Reporting Enhancement: Storage Over-provisioning widget enhancement- The Storage Provisioning Ratio Widget is now enhanced with color-coded alerts. See "Storage Overview View" in the Web Console Guide for details.
- Native Key Manager Support for ROBO Clusters: The Native KMS (remote) option allows you to secure your encryption keys with a registered remote Prism Central. This feature is available for clusters of all sizes for software encryption, in addition to ROBO clusters.
New and Updated Features | AHV
- Windows Defender Credential Guard Support in AHV: AHV enables you to use the Windows Defender Credential Guard security feature on Windows guest VMs.
- Live vDisk Migration Across Storage Containers: vDisk migration allows you to change the container of a vDisk. You can migrate vDisks across storage containers while they are attached to guest VMs without the need to shut down or delete VMs (live migration).
- Virtual Network Switches Management: Virtual switches are used to manage multiple bridges and uplink ports. The VS configuration is designed to provide flexibility in configuring virtual bridge connections. A virtual switch defines a collection of AHV nodes and the uplink ports on each node.
- Support for Cross cluster live migration with Leap: You can now perform live migration of the guest VMs protected with Synchronous replication schedule. Live migration offers zero downtime of your protected guest VMs during a planned failover event to the recovery availability zone.
Technical Preview | Flow Networking
This feature is currently in technical preview. You need to enter a secret passphrase to enable Flow networking. To participate in this technical review, contact your Nutanix account team to enable Flow networking.
Do not use technical preview features in a production environment.
Flow Networking delivers the following benefits:
- Simplified workflow to deploy App-driven network virtualization with turnkey built into Prism Central.
- Secure multi-tenancy with per-tenant isolation using virtual private cloud (VPC) based network segmentation and namespace isolation.
- VPN-based seamless connectivity across multiple sites with an automated VPN lifecycle.
- IP Address retention and policy based routing for stretched subnets. NAT-based secure egress to networks external to a VPC.
- Self-service networking services for applications through REST APIs.
- Enhanced networking to facilitate more effective disaster recovery.
Detail information can be found in the following Release Notes:
I would love to hear what you think once you upgrade. If you have written a blog post the link in the comments below and lets helps others in the community grow and learn.