There are several ways to move a VM from one cluster to another.
A. For moving a VM from Non-Nutanix cluster to Nutanix use Nutanix Move available on the Portal
Nutanix Move is a cross-hypervisor mobility solution to move VMs with minimal downtime.
B. For Moving a VM from one Nutanix cluster to another use Asynchronous Disaster Recovery Between On Premise Data Centers
Summary of steps
- Configure a Remote Site on Cluster A
- Create a Protection Domain on Cluster A.
- Add the VM to be moved to this Protection Domain.
- Power Off the VM
- Create a schedule for (N) hours temporarily and initiate a full replication.
- After replication is complete, restore the VM from snapshot on cluster B and power on the VM.
- Unprotect the VM from Protection Domain, Delete the schedule, snapshots and Protection Domain on cluster A.
- Un-configure the Remote Site on Cluster A
Configuring Remote Sites (Part 1) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lva3Z_HDPc&ab_channel=NutanixUniversity
Configuring Remote Sites (Part 2) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU1OSck6jKM&ab_channel=NutanixUniversity