Creating a Project in Calm
You create a project to map your provider accounts and define user roles to access and use Calm.
Ensure that you configure the provider accounts that you want to add to your project.
Click the Projects icon on the left pane. The Projects page appears listing all your existing projects.
Click the +Create Project button to create a new project. The Create Window appears.
3. Enter a name for the project in the Project Name field.
4. Enter a description for the project in the Description field.
5. (Optional) Enter an admin for the project in the Project Admin field.
The project automatically adds you as a Project Admin when you create it. You can add more users in the subsequent steps of project configuration.
6. Check the Allow Collaboration check box to allow project users to collaboratively manage VMs and applications within the project.
The Allow Collaboration check box appears when you add your first user to the project. By default, the Allow Collaboration check box is checked and enables a project user to view and manage VMs and applications of other users in the same project. If you uncheck the Allow Collaboration check box, project users can manage only the VMs and applications that they create. You cannot change this configuration after you add the first user and save the project. To change the configuration, you need to remove all users from the project.
7. Click the Create button.
The Overview tab for the project appears.
To configure your project further, do the following:
- Use the Users, Groups & Roles tab to add users to your project. For more information, see Adding Users to a Project.
- Use the Accounts tab to add accounts to your project. For more information, see Adding Accounts to a Project.
- Use the Environments tab to add credentials and configure VMs for the provider accounts that you selected for your project. For more information, see Configuring Environments.
- Use the Policies tab to define your quota and snapshot policies. For more information, see Quota Policy Overview and Creating a Snapshot Policy.
- You can also use the Users, Groups & Roles, Accounts, and Environments tiles to add or modify users, providers, and environments.
- Click the Save button on the page.
After you have configured users, providers, and environments, you can use the project to configure blueprints and launch applications.