Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutanix Network Visualization

SOLVED Go to solution
Adventurer

Re: Nutanix Network Visualization

show lldp neighbords on my juniper VC is empty..

mikkel@NSDISTSW01> show lldp neighbors

{master:0}

Adventurer

Prism 5.1 guide states that "the network visualizer supports the following switches: Cisco Nexus Series switches, Cisco Catalyst Series switches, Dell switches, Arista switches".

This list has not changed in a long time and we have failed with Extreme switches as well.

Highlighted
Adventurer

I know, but someone thought it could work if we gave the switch the command stated above Smiley Happy

Nutanix Employee

Correct, it is not supported at the moment likely because parsing Juniper output has not been tested at all. I shared information to make the Juniper switch change the way it outputs the information that seemingly has worked for someone else in the past, but unfortunately that doesn't appear to work in this case. I do see that there is an internal ticket to enhance the discovery tool to properly parse Juniper output but no ETA at the moment. 

Explorer

We are running Arista switches, and I can only see 3 ports, not everything - no idea why.

The results are different for each switch as well - different ports visible etc.

Adventurer

Thanks for that info. I was hoping we could make it work anyway. Thanks for your time