Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Introspection and EAM check with CVM

SOLVED Go to solution
Wayfarer

Guest Introspection and EAM check with CVM

am hitting a strange issue with NSX and Mcafee thin agent.Let’s say you move a host into maintenance mode and shutdown the Agent VMs(Guest Introspection & MOVE Appliance) and then shutdown CVM appliance and reboot the host. Once the host comes up and you exit the maintenance mode, the EAM (vCenter Component) would try to power on the Agent VMs first even if CVM is prioritized in the VM startup order and this is an expected behavior. Until all agent VMs are up you will not be able to power on the VM which means even CVM appliance can’t power on till then. Now the behavior seen is the underlying storage is not available until CVM is powered on which means the Agent VMs would not completely boot up and the CVM appliances cannot power on until all Agents are verified by EAM.I cannot have the Machines on Local Datastores as ESXi is running from an SD Card.

Workaround:Whenever you reboot the host and exit the maintenance mode, login in directly to the esxi host and try to power on CVM which should avoid the EAM check and would help you turn ON the CVM post which you can reboot the Guest Introspection and McAfee MOVE Appliance.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wayfarer

Re: Guest Introspection and EAM check with CVM

They are Dell XC and I will route them through Dell.

4 REPLIES
Moderator Moderator

Looks like you've registered with your gmail, so I'm not sure which customer or partner you work for; however, I'd suggest that you submit a support ticket, so we can put our heads together and see if we can come up with a solution.

At worst, perhaps we can reach out to our partners at Intel/McAfee and see what we can do.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Wayfarer

Hey Jon,

I am a PSO consultant at VMware and this is for one of our customers running horizon on Nutanix SDS. To submit support request I will engage the Customer and see how it goes.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

One team one dream, its all good. If they are a "NX" Customer (i.e they have NX series hardware) they can submit support tickets on portal.nutanix.com. If they are a XC (Dell) or HX (Lenovo) customer, the support ticket will need to go through those respective OEMs first, and they can escalate up to Nutanix.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Wayfarer

They are Dell XC and I will route them through Dell.