Citrix Diagnostic Facility (CDF)
CDF collects and traces the messages generated by various Citrix services running on the Delivery Controller. CDF helps discover and debug the root cause and related issues.
Configure and Use CDF
- Download the tool in a ZIP file from: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX111961
- Extract the ZIP file and run the extracted CDFControl.exe file.
- Go to Tools > Options and ensure that Enable real-time viewing while capturing trace is selected. This allows you to view the real time logs while the scripts run.
- Go to Tools → Options → Trace File Path and set the path for log collection.
- Check the following modules to enable plugin specific log collection.
Before running the script, click Start Tracing. It will start capturing the traces while PoSH script executes.
- Once you encounter the error/exception:
- Click Stop Tracing.
- Click File > Save viewer output. It loads and saves traces into a .CSV file.
- Share the file with the Nutanix Support team.
Note: In some situations, Nutanix Support might ask you to collect traces for all modules. If so, select All Modules from the Select your categories drop-down toolbar menu and capture the traces