Let's say that you want to upgrade your physical memory on one of the nodes.
On Nutanix Hardware, we allow users to add DIMMs on the empty slots without losing the support contract.
When adding a DIMM, there are multiple things that you should take into consideration depending on your Nutanix Block Model, for example:
- Number of slots on each node
- Which DIMMs are supported, which manufacturer?
- The supported DIMM speed
- Are there any restrictions?
To check the specification of your system, check out this page, choose the model type and the platform (NX-xxxx-Gx). you will be redirected to your model’s page.
Good to know:
- The memory performance is most efficient with a configuration where every memory channel contains the same number of DIMMs. Nutanix supports other configurations, but be aware that these configurations result in lower performance.
- On G4 and G5 models, each node must contain only DIMMs of the same type and capacity. (Adding higher-speed DIMMs is supported, but the DIMMs will run only at the supported speed of your platform.)