Trying to find the right training course for you can seem like a daunting task. But it doesn’t have to be! In this blog series, we will spotlight a variety of our courses that will help you choose the right course for your career goals.
At Nutanix University, we offer a variety of training courses designed around flexibility and freedom. No matter which stage of the hybrid multicloud journey you’re on, whether it be learning basic fundamentals or performing at an advanced level, we have the perfect course fit for your needs.
Today, we will take a deep dive into our professional-level course: Nutanix Database Management & Automation (NDMA).
What’s covered in NDMA?
This course teaches you the skills needed to install, configure, and operate Nutanix Database Service (NDB, formerly known as Nutanix Era) for the purpose of managing databases.
In this course, you will explore a number of subjects including:
- The what, the how, the why, and the benefits of database-as-a-service (DBaaS)
- Important NDB terms and concepts, like copy data management, time machine, provisioning profiles and data access management
- Implementing role-based access control (RBAC), including working with built-in and custom roles, and managing users and groups
- Adding multiple clusters to NDB, working with Nutanix Guest Tools, and registering a Nutanix cluster with NDB
- Monitoring and investigating issues with NDB, including alert policies, notifications, and log collection
- Operations involved in protecting and restoring databases, including creating snapshots, cloning databases, log catch-up operations, refreshing clones, and restoring source databases
Who should take it? This course is great for database administrators who manage Nutanix clusters and want a detailed deep dive into database administration using NDB.
NDMA is also perfect for anyone who’s interested in pursuing the Nutanix Certified Professional - Database Automation (NCP-DB) certification as it covers key objectives that are tested on the exam.
- 2-day virtual instructor-led
- Comes with a free Nutanix Certified Professional - Database Automation (NCP-DB) voucher
- 6-8-hour self-paced online (free)
Stay tuned for future training spotlight features that will help you navigate the hybrid multicloud world.
Make sure to visit nutanix.com/training to find out about our other available courses.
This article was written by Karlie Beil, Sr. Customer Marketing Specialist.
©️️️️️ 2023 Nutanix, Inc. All rights reserved. Nutanix, the Nutanix logo and all Nutanix product, feature and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nutanix, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective holder(s). This post may contain links to external websites that are not part of Nutanix.com. Nutanix does not control these sites and disclaims all responsibility for the content or accuracy of any external site. Our decision to link to an external site should not be considered an endorsement of any content on such a site. This post may contain express and implied forward-looking statements, which are not historical facts and are instead based on our current expectations, estimates and beliefs. The accuracy of such statements involves risks and uncertainties and depends upon future events, including those that may be beyond our control, and actual results may differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied by such statements. Any forward-looking statements included herein speak only as of the date hereof and, except as required by law, we assume no obligation to update or otherwise revise any of such forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.