This post was authored by our friends at Microsoft, Ram Gowrishankar
Today, we are thrilled to announce the general availability of Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) on Microsoft Azure to simplify and accelerate the customer journey to the cloud. Nutanix's customers can migrate and extend their workloads to Azure, without modification or retooling.
With Nutanix Cloud Clusters on Azure, customers can leverage their existing Nutanix skills and tools, add Azure services – such as security, identity, and analytics – and gain cost efficiencies by using their existing licenses for Azure deployment.
And, to further support a hybrid model, customers can seamlessly extend Azure data services to their on-premises Azure Arc-enabled Kubernetes clusters using the Nutanix Cloud Platform.
Keep reading to learn more about key benefits, use-cases and how to get started.
Key benefits to your hybrid cloud transformation
With Nutanix Cloud Clusters on Azure, organizations can develop a consistent hybrid cloud deployment strategy, while using their existing skillsets to take full advantage of Azure services. Key benefits include:
- Optimize existing investments: Leverage your team’s existing Nutanix skills and tools to migrate and extend Nutanix workloads to Azure by easily moving applications and data as-is without refactoring or retooling.
- Gain cloud scale and agility: Spin Nutanix resources up or spin down in Azure to accommodate changing needs, such as seasonal business trends or mergers and acquisitions. Or set up disaster recovery in the cloud. There’s no need to overprovision your datacenters and you only pay for what you use in the cloud.
- Modernize with native Azure services: Drive innovation through integration with other Azure services, such as Azure Active Directory, security, AI, and analytics.
Common scenarios to scale your organizational needs
Organizations can leverage current on-premises investments and quickly increase business agility with Azure services. Outlined below are a few common scenarios.
- Frictionless app migration to Azure: Accelerate Azure adoption by migrating applications from on-premises environments to Azure without retooling or code changes. Customers can move to Azure faster and easily integrate with Azure services to modernize applications.
- Business continuity and on-demand computing: Maintain business continuity during planned or unplanned downtime with disaster recovery and on-demand elasticity. Customers can scale up or out to meet seasonal and ad-hoc bursting requirements. For example, you can run a small three-node cluster on Azure 24/7 and rapidly expand the cluster to full capacity when a disaster recovery needs arise.
- Hybrid-cloud with unified management: Nutanix Cloud Clusters on Azure empowers customers to orchestrate their infrastructure across public and private clouds through a single, consistent interface. Easily update capacity, monitor alerts and usage, replace hosts, and more using existing on-premises tools.
- Global expansion without physical datacenter presence: Run workloads in any supported Azure region without managing datacenters in a specific geographic region.
Start your migration journey today
Nutanix Cloud Clusters on Azure is now generally available in East US, East US 2, West US 2 and North Central US. Other global Azure regions will become available soon. You can follow the regional updates page for new supported instances and regions as they become available.
There are several ways you can start exploring Nutanix Cloud Clusters on Azure today.
- Learn more: Read the documentation page for requirements, SKU, FAQs, and more.
- Get started: To get started, please visit the Azure Marketplace.