We are excited to announce the release of Nutanix Move 3.5.0
Adopting new infrastructure platforms often requires a migration of pre-existing systems. Nutanix Move simplifies bulk migration of existing VMs to Nutanix, eliminating the friction associated with onboarding new IT infrastructure. Businesses can quickly leverage the full potential of Nutanix Enterprise Cloud with near-zero VM downtime during the migration from vSphere ESXi, Hyper-V and Amazon AWS to Nutanix AHV and vSphere ESXi to ESXi on Nutanix.
Move also support migration of VMs from Nutanix AHV to Amazon AWS.
Nutanix Move 3.5.0 is released and the bits are available on the Portal for Download.
New features included in this release;
- Introduced Migration from AWS to ESXi - You can now migrate VMs from AWS to ESXi on Nutanix appliances.
- Introduced Test Migration - You can now perform a test migration of the VMs on the target environment before the final cutover.
- Enhanced Move User Interface - Move UI is enhanced to support bi-directional migration.
- Added Feature for Changing Transport Protocol - You can now change underlying transport protocol for Move from the default TCP to KCP (a reliable UDP based protocol) for better performance if the migration is performed on an unreliable network (packet loss) for AWS migrations.
- Added Support for New ESXi Host and vCenter Version - Move now supports ESXi 6.7 Update 3 host version and vCenter 6.7 Update 3 version.
- Added Support for New Windows, RHEL and CentOS Versions for ESXi to AHV Migration - Move now supports migration of ESXi source VMs running RHEL 6.10, CentOS 7.5 to 7.7, and Windows Server 2019 versions to AHV.