i am new to Nuatnix and i have requested to setup and configure the 2 Nodes Nutanix in our environment and OS will be ESXI .please need your advise by step by step.
what are the prerequisites should I need to have.
how many IPs i should need to connect from nutanix box to necessary devices
Many thanks in advance
Best answer by RichardsonPorto
Here is the answers for your questions:
1. need to setup BIOS and RAID Configuration?
The BIOS settings should already be configured for the best performance and no RAID configuration is needed.
2. two node cluster means doesn't required two hypervisor IP?
You will still need 3 IPs for each node (1 for IPMI, 1 for CVM and 1 for hypervisor), so only for the basic node configuration you will need a total of 6 IPs.
3. shall i add cluster into existing vmware vsphere vcenter 6.0?
Yes, just make sure you create a cluster only with the Nutanix nodes.
4. any additional connectivity required apart from core switch.
You will need to connect the IPMI port for out-of-band management and the ethernet ports. If you plan to use multiple different networks/VLANs on your ESXi cluster, don't forget to configure the switch port as trunk.
5. shall i download ESXI 6.o which is compatible for nutanix enterprise version?
Yes, refer to the following link: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Field-Installation-Guide-v4-3:v43-hypervisor-support-images-r.html#reference_hzp_f4k_bp