In modern IT Infrastructure, data is critical and having a copy of your data from where you can recover from has become an important pre-requisite for system design. To achieve this we use a technology known as Snapshot.
So is it possible to even save your system running state while taking a snapshot in Nutanix environment?
In Nutanix, we provide a technology known as application-consistent snapshot which can be selected when configuring Data Protection Domain.
Want to know more about Data Protection with Prism element
Give the following article a read
Data Protection Guide
So Nutanix have some guidelines with regards to Application consistent Snapshot?
- Nutanix recommends installing NGT on the VMs.
- Microsoft VSS service should be enabled.
- The workload running must be able to support to quiesce I/O operations.
- You must configure one consistency group for each VM.
- For the protection of VAAI clones with application consistency, each VAAI clone should be in its own protection domain.
These are a few general guidelines which should be followed.
Want to know about all the guidelines in-depth and different workloads and OS supported for an application-consistent snapshot
Go through the following Guide
Application-Consistent Snapshot Guidelines
Want to know more about configuring Async Data Protection?