I have pulled some new nodes into an existing cluster that utilizes LACP/LAG on the current nodes. The default configuration on the new nodes is Active/Backup. We also have new ToR switches that are not configured in a LAG. Are these the correct steps the configure Active/Active? The new nodes are only participating in the metadata ring - not hosting any VMs:
To modify networking on the new nodes:
- Change the node to LACP enabled (ACTIVE/ACTIVE) using vs0 in the GUI – select only that ONE node to update the config on!!
- Put node into Maintenance Mode
- Login to CVM
- acli host.list
- acli host.enter_maintenance_mode host-IP-address
- DO I NEED TO PUT THE CVM IN MAINT MODE AS WELL??
- Make changes on ToR switch – enable the 2 ports for LAG for that node ONLY
- Test networking
- Remove from Maintenance mode
- acli host.exit_maintenance_mode host-ip
- Verify resiliency returns to OK
- Move onto the next node
I would love some feedback on if this is the correct order.
Best answer by bcaballeroView original