The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) enables administrators to monitor network-attached devices for conditions that warrant administrative attention. In the Nutanix SNMP implementation, information about entities in the cluster is collected and made available through the Nutanix MIB (NUTANIX-MIB.txt). The Nutanix enterprise tree is located at 18.104.22.168.4.1.41263.
The Nutanix MIB is divided into the following sections:
- Cluster information. Status information about the cluster as a whole.
- Software version information. Version information about the software packages that comprise the Controller VM.
- Service status information. Information about the status of essential services on each Controller VM.
- Hypervisor information. Information about each hypervisor instance.
- Virtual machine information. Information about hosted virtual machines.
- Disk information. Status information about the disks in the cluster.
- Controller VM resource information. Indicate how much CPU and memory capacity is available to a Controller VM.
- Storage pool information. Status information about the storage pools in the cluster.
- Storage Container information. Status information about the disks in the cluster.
- Alerts information. Information about generated alerts that can be captured through the SNMP trap (or inform) mechanism.
For guidance on SNMP configuration as well as location of Nutanix MIBs refer to Prism Web Console Guide: Configuring SNMP
Please note that monitoring CVMs individually is not supported.
Don’t forget there are also APIs for SNMP as well nCLI SNMP commands.