- BMC: Baseboard management controller, the microcontroller that manages the motherboard.
- BIOS: Basic input/output system, the firmware that initializes the motherboard and runtime services on startup.
- HBA: Host Bus Adapter, a device that manages communication between storage media and other system components.
- SATA DOM: SATA disk on a module, the hypervisor boot drive for Nutanix platforms up to and including G5.
- M.2: mSATA 2, the hypervisor boot drive for Nutanix platforms G6 and later.
- iDRAC: Integrated Dell remote access controller, a software tool that lets you administer a server without needing physical access.
- iSM: iDRAC service module, a module that integrates iDRAC with an operating system.
- PTAgent: Power Tools agent, the software entity responsible for configuring the iSM.
- Firmware Entities: A collective term for all Dell firmware not related to iDRAC.
- IMM2: Integrated management module 2, a service processor that manages the motherboard and allows remote access for server administration. Present on Lenovo generation-5 platforms; replaced by XCC in later generations.
- UEFI: Unified extensible firmware interface, the software entity that initializes the motherboard and runtime services on startup. A replacement for the BIOS.
- XCC: XClarity controller, a service processor that manages the motherboard and allows remote access for server administration. Present on Lenovo platforms that use the Intel "Purley" motherboard, replacing the IMM2 from earlier generations.
Portal Doc for reference : LCM Glossary