The backbone of a hyper-converged infrastructure is good network connectivity in the solution. Troubleshooting networking issues can be daunting.
To help you with the process we put together an article describing the most common failure scenarios together with remediation steps as well as general troubleshooting techniques and sequence. The article also answers some of the most common questions:
- What are the possible causes of NIC errors?
- How do I determine if a Nutanix node is experiencing NIC errors?
- Should I be concerned that my NIC port shows any NIC errors?
- How does the packet error handling between cut-through and traditional store-and-forward switches differ?
- Where to look for errors?
- How does an error manifest itself?
Normally if there is a fault with a cable, an SFP module, a switch port or the NIC hardware we notice some errors in the packets received or transmitted can be observed in the interface stats.
KB-1381 NCC Health Check: host_nic_error_check
Want to know more about AHV Networking? Try giving these guides a coffee read