Calm allows Nutanix Enterprise customers to seamlessly select, provision, deploy & manage their Business Apps across all their infrastructure, both private and public cloud. Nutanix Calm ties together an AppStore, App Lifecycle, Monitoring & Remediation by providing a single control-point for managing heterogeneous infrastructure, be it VMs or containers, or even bare metal servers. Calm will eventually support all the components required to manage a complete Software Defined Data Center.
Calm is deployed alongside SSP in the Prism Central VM. Calm consumes multiple Nutanix internal services and is not a standalone component. By extension, users must have a Nutanix Prism Central VM to enable Calm functionality
Automation for complex applications, not only provisioning, but also self service.
Enable application self service for multiple teams.
Setup complex applications with a single click.
Quickly get dev/test environments ready to go.
Prerequisites we need to consider
- Prism Central is running on AOS 5.10.6 or above.
- Prism Central must be installed on a Nutanix cluster running on AOS version 5.5 or above.
- The Prism Central in which Nutanix Calm is running is registered with the same cluster.
- Nutanix Calm is supported only on AHV and ESXi hypervisors on a Nutanix cluster.
- Nutanix Calm is not supported on Hyper-V cluster.
- Nutanix Calm does not support vSphere essential edition. If you try to enable Calm with vSphere essential edition license, you get a failure notification because hot-pluggable virtual hardware is not supported by vSphere essential edition.
- Configure a unique data service IP address in the Prism web console cluster running on Prism Central. For more information about configuring data service IP address, see the Modifying Cluster Details in the Prism Web Console Guide.Note: Do not change the data service IP address after Calm enablement.
- Allocate minimum of 4 GB of memory for a small Prism Central and 8 GB of memory for large Prism Central.
- Open all the required ports to communicate between a Prism web console and the Prism Central. For more information about ports, see Port Information.
- Ensure that the DNS server is reachable from Prism Central. Unreachable DNS server from Prism Central can cause slow deployment of Calm.
For more details please refer to following documentation