Out today Foundation Central Release 1.1
Foundation Central is the Nutanix service used to create clusters from factory-imaged nodes remotely from Prism Central.
Foundation Central Release 1.1
- Foundation Central can create clusters with reimaging the factory-imaged nodes that are running Foundation 4.5.1 or higher. You can image the nodes with any version of AOS and hypervisor.
- Foundation Central supports imaging and creating clusters out of factory nodes shipped with DiscoveryOS version 4.5.2 or higher.
- Supported AOS versions on the remote nodes are AOS 5.15 or higher. These AOS versions have Foundation 4.5.1 or higher bundled with it.
New Features and Enhancements
This release includes the following enhancements:
- Imaging nodes on a VLAN is now supported via Foundation Central. VLAN is supported only for nodes with CVMs installed on it and not supported for nodes installed with DiscoveryOS.
- The Foundation Central UI has several fixes and improvements. Some major changes are:
- Improvements to the discovered node details:
- Grouping nodes by API key, block serial or host subnet.
- Grouping nodes that are being discovered and those that are already discovered and available for cluster creation. The node attributes that have to be displayed can be configured.
- Improvements to the Deployment History page:
- Improved UX experience and additional details for the cluster creation request are displayed.
- Foundation Central now supports RDMA NIC passthrough.
- IAMv2 is now supported on Foundation Central 1.1.
- Foundation Central does not allow the creation of more than 50 API keys and hence minimizing any security vulnerabilities.
- Foundation Central allows the creation of only one API key per second to avoid any Denial of Service (DOS) attack.
Get it now in the support portal Foundation Central and read the release notes along with the user guide.