While it is not as a straightforward process as we would like for it to be there is an option to add a NIC to your Move VM.
- Login to Prism Element
- Add New NIC to the Nutanix-Move appliance and select the network
- Launch the console of Nutanix Move appliance.
- Switch to root user
- Use vi editor or any other editor of your choice to open the file /etc/network/interfaces
- Add the second interface eth1 configuration in the format below based on DHCP/Static IP addressing.
- Restart the networking service.
Please Note: If you are using Move 3.0.3 or above you can skip Step-7 and Step-8. That'll be taken care automatically.
- There will be an existing script named "start-xtract" under "/opt/xtract/bin". Overwrite that script with the one provided in the KB (see link below).
- Change the permissions for the script.
- Stop iptables and restart move services.
- Verify the new eth1 interface configuration using "ifconfig eth1".
See KB7399 - Procedure to add a second NIC interface on Move v3.0.2 for detailed instructions and additional notes.
More posts on Nutanix Move here at .NEXT.
There is a dedicated discussion thread here at .NEXT on Nutanix Move.
Dual or more NIC on move is currently not supported when the source is Hyper-V, as workaround static route can be added on Hyper-V
Will all move services be available from the second NIC/ip as well? For example, can I install a Hyper-V move agent pointing to the second NIC/ip?
Best regards, Ted