We are in the process of migrating our ESXi-vms to Nutanix AHV.
Does anyone know if it is a problem to migrate a Witness VM (actually used for two 2-node clusters) to AHV with Nutanix Move or would it be better to install a new one on AHV and switch the clusters over to it?
Best answer by rohan.saksena-55595View original
Thanks for the advice. I will do as you suggested.
Have a nice weekend! Bastian
Migrating Cross-Hypervisor for Witness VM is not currently a tested workflow. Therefore, we would recommend the following steps:
* Unregister the old Witness VM.
* Click the gear icon in the main menu and then select Configure Witness in the Settings page.
* To unregister an existing Witness VM, click the Unregister button.
* Shutdown the old Witness VM
* Deploy a new Witness VM on VMWare
* Register the new witness to the two-node cluster
Witness VM download: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/WitnessVM
Two-Node Cluster / Witness VM guide: https://portal.nutanix.com/page/documents/details?targetId=Web-Console-Guide-Prism-v5_15:wc-cluster-two-node-c.html