X-Ray is a comprehensive hyperconverged infrastructure assessment solution, enabling organizations to evaluate the architectural differences between hyperconverged infrastructures, automating the analysis of consistent application performance and reliability, with scenarios that negatively affect those applications.
As an example, X-Ray can help analyze the impact on application performance when taking many disk snapshots, or it can help understand the impact to a mission-critical application when there’s a cluster node failure.
Packaged as an easily deployable VM, X-Ray uses realistic workloads paired with real-world scenarios to simulate various workflows and events that typically occur during datacenter infrastructures.
Documentation & X-Ray Downloads
Performance testing in 3 easy steps:
- Download X-Ray (Nutanix X-Ray Downloads)
- Deploy X-Ray (either QCOW or OVF)
- Add a target test cluster and queue your test scenarios
Further usability details can be found in the user guide
X-Ray Nutanix Blogs
- Blogs from Nutanix Technical Director of Performance Engineering Gary Little
- Fast Cars - Comparing and Contrasting Your Hyperconverged Infrastructure | Nutanix Community
- Nutanix X-Ray 3.0: Hyperconverged Infrastructure Lifecycle Testing
- X-Ray Vision as Nutanix Goes Open Source
- Chaos Monkey for the Enterprise Cloud
- Holiday Bonanza: Bring Your Own Workloads!
- Who cares about infrastructure benchmarking?
- Simpler infrastructure benchmarking with the launch of X-Ray 2.1
Open Source URLs
When posting anything relating to this Nutanix X-Ray release, please create new threads and tag them appropriate with the version, such as 'X-Ray 3.3’.
Need help? Please read our post on reporting issues.