Get Started

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average CPU load on Controller VM is high (above average load threshold value 10)

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Wayfarer

Average CPU load on Controller VM is high (above average load threshold value 10)

Hi All,

Getting above warning in nutanix, Can anyone help me how to troublehsoot this warning.

Current Set UP

AOS : 4.7.3.2

NCC : 3.0.2

Thanks & Regards

Sainath 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trailblazer

Re: Average CPU load on Controller VM is high (above average load threshold value 10)

Hi @sainathpawar

I believe that this check has been introduced in one of the latest NCC (Or been reworked with new metrics), and are usually a False/Positive. If I heard right this check will be disabled in one of the upcoming NCC Updates to address the False/Positive Issues, and then be reworked and reintroduced with proper metrics.

As always, if you are concern of the cluster stability open up a support ticket and have them look at the logs to verify if it’s a False/Positive or not. You can also use “sar –q” on the CVM that the alert is coming from to get a glimpse on the CPU Load.

Depending on the amount of vCPUs that the CVM has, the average value should not be higher than 1.5 x vCPU. So with a standard setup most CVMs come with a vCPU of 8, meaning that the average value should not be higher than 12. A few peaks can be normal due to background process (Curator) and/or higher I/O Load.

I hope that this could shed some light on your question.

Kind Regards

3 REPLIES
Trailblazer

Re: Average CPU load on Controller VM is high (above average load threshold value 10)

Hi @sainathpawar

I believe that this check has been introduced in one of the latest NCC (Or been reworked with new metrics), and are usually a False/Positive. If I heard right this check will be disabled in one of the upcoming NCC Updates to address the False/Positive Issues, and then be reworked and reintroduced with proper metrics.

As always, if you are concern of the cluster stability open up a support ticket and have them look at the logs to verify if it’s a False/Positive or not. You can also use “sar –q” on the CVM that the alert is coming from to get a glimpse on the CPU Load.

Depending on the amount of vCPUs that the CVM has, the average value should not be higher than 1.5 x vCPU. So with a standard setup most CVMs come with a vCPU of 8, meaning that the average value should not be higher than 12. A few peaks can be normal due to background process (Curator) and/or higher I/O Load.

I hope that this could shed some light on your question.

Kind Regards

Hero

Thanks for sharing some insight @Aanuka - always great when the community helps!

Did that post help @sainathpawar 

Wayfarer

I have manully disabled alerts as a workaround.