Similarly to a CVM, Prism Central VM can run out of space.
There are three main contributors:
- localhost_access_log.txt not being rotated properly
- Nutanix Insights collector log file have consumed more disk space than expected on Prism Central and Controller VMs
- multiple Nutanix Guest Tool installers are stored in the home directory of Prism Central
While the engineering team is working on improving the product behaviour, there are some things you can do about preventing a PC failure:
- Log in to the PC VM.
- Navigate to the /home partition
- List the contents of the directory by size and look for any large unused files that can be deleted.
Some common sub-directories under /home where large files are likely to be found. Files in these locations can be deleted to free up space.
Delete the files in the folder but NOT the folder itself.
- /home/nutanix/software_downloads/ - Delete any old versions other than the versions you are currently upgrading
- /home/nutanix/software_uncompressed/ - Delete any old versions other than the versions you are currently upgrading
- /home/nutanix/data/cores - Delete old stack traces that are no longer needed
- /home/nutanix/data/log_collector/ - Delete old NCC Logs with NCC-logs-2018-07-20-11111111111111-1032057545.tar format
- /home/nutanix/data/logbay/bundles/ - Delete old NCC Logbay bundles
- /home/nutanix/foundation/isos/ - Old ISOs
- /home/nutanix/foundation/tmp/ - Temporary files that can be deleted
For more causes, resolution and commands read KB-8950 NCC Health Check: Prism Central VM <PCVM_IP> home partition disk usage exceeds critical limit 90 %.
For the same issue on the CVM see CVM Non-Root Partitions Space Usage High - clear space safely.