Continuing on NGT series this post is about troubleshooting. Nutanix strongly believes power of the community and joint effort. You are not alone. We’re here to help.
Nutanix engineers put together troubleshooting steps for some of the potentiall or more common scenarios out there for you:
- SSR login is successful but you receive "Error executing command: System identifier mismatch" after login.
- Guest Agent Service is not reachable.
- NGT is failing installation on a user VM/server where a Python environment already exists.
- NGT is failing in-place upgrade or uninstall on a user VM/server with "notify_cvm_of_uninstallation".
- NGT installation on Windows server 2008 R2 SP1 VM gives a warning "Hot-fix 2921916 is not installed on your system".
- NGT management from Prism Central fails with "NGT can only be upgraded on x/y VMs which have the latest version of NGT".
- NGT installation fails with "The system cannot open the file" error.
- NGT installation fails with "The system cannot find the file specified" error.
- Installing NGT on CentOS 8 UVM.
- Some VMs are missing from 'ncli ngt list' output.
For more information check other posts in the NGT Series here at .NEXT.
And, of course, Prism Central Guide on NGT.