When I go to Data Protection in Prism and highlight the Protection Domain I created with the vCenter server appliance in it and click on Migrate I get the following error:
Since the vCenter server is the appliance and not Windows does it need NGT installed? I am stuck. Thanks for any help.
Best answer by Stanislav_Panich
Did it in few steps:
- Power off vcenter VM in ESXi.
- Remove vm from inventory in esxi menu.
- open datastore and copy vcenter vm folder to a new one
- add the original vcenter vm back to inventory and power on (nutanix xtract requires vcenter for migration operaitions)
- once vcenter is up register the "copied vm" in the the same esxi - add to inventory.
- Refresh vcenter inventory inside nutanix xtract.
- select copy of the vcenter from the list (powered off).
- in the next settings choose 2 things: a. Retain MAC address , b."bypass guest operations"
- run the process - it will copy the data and will wait for "cutover approval" - approve cutover.
- once done - disconnect nic on your existing and running vcenter and power on migrated copy on Nutanix AHV.
- ping the IP of the vcenter - it will load in a while ( depends on how much SSD you have in the system).
Thats it 🙂 vCenter VM running on Nutanix AHV and controlling all the rest of ESXI hosts.