You can create intelligent applications to run on the Service Domain infrastructure or the cloud where you have pushed collected data. You can implement application YAML files to use as a template, where you can customize the template by passing existing Categories associated with a Service Domain to it.
You need to create a project with at least one user to create an app.
Creating an Application:
Create a Kubernetes application that you can associate with a project.
Before you begin
To complete this task, log on to the cloud management console.
- If your app requires a service, make sure you enable it in the associated project.
- Application YAML files can also be a template where you can customize the template by passing existing Categories associated with a Service Domain to it.
- See also Configure Service Domain Environment Variables to set and use environment variables in your app.
- Nutanix recommends that you do not reuse application names after creating and then deleting (removing) an application. If you subsequently create an application with the same name as a deleted application, your application might re-use stale data from the deleted application.
- From the home menu, click Projects, then click a project.
- Click Kubernetes Apps > Create Kubernetes App.
- Name your application. Up to 200 alphanumeric characters are allowed.
- Description. Provide a relevant description for your application.
- Select one or more Service Domains, individually or by category.
How your Service Domain was added in your project determines what you can select in this step. See the topic Create a Project in the Karbon Platform Services Administration Guide.
- For Select Individually, click Add Service Domains to select one or more Service Domains.
- For Select By Category, select to choose and apply one or more categories associated with a Service Domain.
Click the plus sign (+) to add more categories.
- Click Next.
- To use an application YAML file or template, select YAML based configuration, then click Choose File to navigate to a YAML file or template.
After uploading the file, you can edit the file contents. You can also choose the contrast levels Normal, Dark, or High Contrast Dark.
- To define an application with a Helm chart, select Upload a Helm Chart. See Helm Chart Support and Requirements.
- Helm Chart File. Browse to a Helm Chart package file.
- Values Override File (Optional). You also can optionally browse to a values YAML file to override the values you specified in the Helm Chart package.
- View Generated YAML File. After uploading these files, you can view the generated YAML configuration by clicking Show YAML.
- Click Create.
If your app requires a service, make sure you enable it in the associated project.
The Kubernetes Apps page lists the application you just created as well as any existing applications. Apps start automatically after creation.