What is Karbon?
Nutanix Karbon is a curated turnkey offering that provides simplified provisioning and operations of Kubernetes clusters. Kubernetes is an open source container orchestration system for deploying and managing container-based applications.
The Karbon web console simplifies the deployment and management of Kubernetes clusters with a simple GUI and built-in event monitoring tools.
There are built-in add-ons such as Kibana and Prometheus for parsing logs and monitoring alert triggering mechanism in you cluster.
Using Karbon you can:
- Deploy Kubernetes clusters.
- Use Nutanix Volumes and Nutanix Files storage for your applications.
- Manage Kubernetes cluster resources.
- Upgrade your Kubernetes deployment.
- Ensure high-availability.
To set up your Karbon environment, perform the following tasks:
- Enable Karbon through Prism Central, Enabling Karbon
- Download an image, see OS Images
- Create clusters, see Creating a Cluster
- Download the kubeconfig, Downloading the Kubeconfig
- Configure access, see Access and Authentication.