got AFS going and started to create shares and realized it would not let us add a space in a share name. Looking at the documentation it only says you cant have a space as the first or last character of the share which we were not doing. Would be tons of work if we could not do this on AFS as we would have to go around and remap all the shares on the network which is no small task.
Any input is appreciated.
Error from AFS when trying to make a share with the name Department Folders was this:
Error creating share/export: Only English letters, decimal digits (0-9), periods, hyphens and underscores are allowed. Share name should not begin with a period. Share name can end with a single $.
Here is the requirements I saw:
- The following share names are not allowed:
- admin$ (reserved)
- ipc$ (reserved)
- homes (reserved)
- Share names are not case sensitive.
- Each share name must be unique.
- Share name has a maximum of 80 characters.
- A blank space or space character cannot be used as the first or last character in the share name.
- Share names that end with the $ are hidden shares.