Best answer by hienle
Thanks very much for the reply.
- Is foundation applet able to discover nodes which are bare metal?
- The hypervisor is imaged by using a VM which resides on the hypervisor drive. Correct?
- For the CVM imaging process, I only found many packages are decompressed in SSD. How CVM OS is installed?
- Foundation Applet will be able to discover nodes if CVM are running on those node via Ipv6. With that said, with bare-metal node (node that does not have CVM running), you cannot use Foundation Applet to do that
- There is a VM booted from a CentOS live cd (Phoenix) to control the hypervisor and AOS installation
- I am not sure about this but IMO, CVM image file is just kind of an OVF file that need to be mounted, package extracted, installed, made to be run and configured follow the hypervisor type