i inheritted a NTX-1K for lab purposes.
In our current setup, my ex-colleague has the
- 2x10gs in the original portgroup connected to Mellanox S2100
- CVM/ESXi in this portgroup is tagged as vl100
- 2x1g are separated out into another portgroup connected to cisco 2960
- We created extra vnic for CVM/ESXi and tagged it as vl101 for this 1g portgroup
- IPMI port is not used.
I'm trying to reset this existing setup, so i used the applet and foundation VM but could not discovered any nodes at all.
- According to the field guide, i should connect the 1g port into a switch together with my laptop with foundation. Since our 1g port was removed from the original portgroup and tagged with a vlan, what is the best way i can 'factory reset' it ?
- My foundation-vm/applet does not detect any nodes at all. Is this because they are already part of a cluster or is this a vlan/network issue ?
- Our colleagues mentioned that having the 1g connected to the cisco switch could not discover the nodes, do you need additional config for the cisco 2960 for ipv6 switching ?