BlockCypher and Nutanix are happy to announce that BlockCypher is now certified to run on Nutanix Enterprise Cloud solution. Together, Nutanix and BlockCypher deliver next-generation blockchain infrastructure that delivers cloud-like economics and agility, but with the security and reliability of on-premises solutions. In addition to scaling blockchain infrastructure on premise for a single blockchain, BlockCypher on Nutanix enables organizations to interoperate across multiple types of blockchains-- public and permissioned.
BlockCypher enables enterprises to create future proofed blockchain applications through blockchain agnostic web services, immediately. BlockCypher acts a middleware between applications and blockchains. In addition to permissioned blockchains, Dash, Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin are among the public blockchains that BlockCypher supports. BlockCypher’s software helps to simplify blockchain infrastructure, reducing time to market, and enabling applications that work across permissioned and public blockchains environments in a secure and scalable environment.
As part of the BlockCypher on Nutanix certification, a permissioned version of the Dash blockchain was deployed on Nutanix AHV. In the same way, permissioned Ethereum and other blockchains are deployed on Nutanix. Also deployed on the Nutanix AHV box are BlockCypher’s web services. These web services enabled Nutanix to immediately test application features, such as peer-to-peer transfer of assets. Developers use these web services to quickly build blockchain applications. Developers also use these web services across multiple permissioned and public chains so they don’t have to be experts in each and every blockchain protocol.
Promise and challenges of blockchain technologyOver the last few years, private and public organizations have shown how the blockchain can transform banking, energy, supply chain, healthcare and other industries, cutting down costs by several orders of magnitude in cost savings and benefits. With blockchain technology, costly intermediaries and fees can be removed from payments and supply chains. The time it takes to make an asset transfer or other transaction can be reduced from months to minutes, or less. The blockchain’s real-time transparency can also dramatically reduce the time needed to update people and the costs of maintaining redundant data. As a result, organizations around the world have projects to harness blockchain technology as part of their digital transformation strategy.
However, blockchain infrastructure and applications can be time consuming to deploy, expensive to manage and difficult to scale. Blockchain resources are difficult to find. In addition, as businesses evolve, they will add new types of blockchains to better address new use cases. Enterprises want infrastructure that delivers cloud-like agility, flexibility, and scalability for their blockchain deployments – but with the performance and trusted security of their on-premises environments. This is where both Nutanix and BlockCypher come in.
Nutanix successfully delivers scalable invisible infrastructure that just works allowing enterprises to enjoy the cloud like usability and economics without relinquishing control of their workloads. Nutanix natively converges silos of compute, storage, networking and virtualization in a hyperconverged platform to run any workload, at any scale. And BlockCypher enables enterprises to create future proofed blockchain applications through blockchain agnostic web services. BlockCypher supports permissioned and public blockchains. Dash, Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin are among the blockchains BlockCypher supports. BlockCypher’s software helps to simplify blockchain infrastructure, reducing time to market, and enabling applications that work across permissioned and public blockchains environments in a secure and scalable environment.
Why BlockCypher and Nutanix?With BlockCypher and Nutanix, Devops can quickly create a blockchain environment that will support multiple blockchains, now and in the future. BlockCypher was recognized for its unique capabilities as a Gartner Cool Vendor in Blockchain Platforms. BlockCypher customers realize benefits, including blockchain interoperability, that blockchains currently do not address. BlockCypher benefits include:
- Single hyperconverged infrastructure to run all applications, including blockchain applications
- Blockchain infrastructure in the cloud or on premise within minutes for a lower TCO
- Millions of dollars saved in specialized IT personnel for building blockchain infrastructure
- 6 months faster deployment time
- Performance of thousands of requests per second
- Deployment of permissioned and public blockchains, including Ethereum, Dash, Bitcoin, and Litecoin
- Define once, support multiple blockchains. Unlike any other solution, BlockCypher enables you to create blockchain applications that work across public and permissioned blockchains of multiple types. Your application calls the appropriate web service, and Blockcypher makes it work — across blockchains, both in the cloud and on-prem.
- Unparalleled scale. Our approach eliminates the need for highly specialized blockchain resources and is designed for teams and the global infrastructure and distributed applications they manage. Blockchain infrastructure on premise can be deployed in minutes.
- Future proofing and consistency. BlockCypher keeps up with the rapidly changing blockchain protocols so your developers do not have to re-write applications when protocols change. BlockCypher’s REST based APIs work across blockchains and with any legacy system so you can ensure interoperability and consistency across entire your software delivery system and throughout your organization.
With BlockCypher validated to run on Nutanix Enterprise Clouds and Nutanix AHV, you can have confidence that BlockCypher will work on day one and keep delivering the solutions necessary for your digital and blockchain transformation.
Disclaimer: This blog may contain links to external websites that are not part of Nutanix.com. Nutanix does not control these sites and disclaims all responsibility for the content or accuracy of any external site. Our decision to link to an external site should not be considered an endorsement of any content on such site.
2017 Nutanix, Inc. All rights reserved. Nutanix is a trademark of Nutanix, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. All other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective holder(s).