We asked folks on Twitter to share their favorite best practices for virtualizing enterprise applications such as Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Oracle, and SAP apps. Some of the areas we covered were sizing and performance, application and data migration, virtualization and compute, storage, high availability, networking and security.
We asked five questions during the 30 minute chat:
- Can all business critical applications be virtualized? if not, what is stopping you? How will you overcome the challenge?
- Do you use native HA virtualization tools or native HA app tools or both to provide maximum uptime for your business critical applications?
- How should IT size out their business critical applications (storage and compute)? Any best practices tips?
- Software licensing is sometimes overlooked in planning when virtualizing business critical applications, how did you deal with this?
- What specific storage considerations should IT pay attention to when virtualizing business critical applications T0/T1 apps?
Missed the Twitter chat, but still want to contribute? You can here - we will award the top 5 best practices (as judged by a panel of Nutanix and industry experts) a $100.gift card (or local equivalent) and the next top 10 best practices a $50.gift card (or local equivalent). Contest ends Oct 22, 2015.