What is Calm?
Calm (Cloud Application LifeCycle Management) is a DevOps Automation Platform that models applications and integrates your teams, governance, and life cycle operations to manage your applications, calm includes:
- Single pane of glass for all of your applications, making infrastructure invisible
- Visual Infrastructure, Operations, and Governance as code
- Works with public + private cloud, and containers
- nuCalm = nutanix Calm, our new platform in PC
Calm has some prerequisites such as a minimum AOS version supported and ports that must be open for the feature to work.
See the full prerequisite here.
- Nutanix Calm is not supported on Hyper-V clusters.
- Nutanix Calm does not support vSphere essential edition. If you try to enable Calm with vSphere essential edition license, you get a failure notification because hot-pluggable virtual hardware is not supported by vSphere Essentials.
Check out this getting started page for the full documentation or go to a specific page: Enabling Nutanix Calm, Exploring Nutanix Calm, Launching a Blueprint Instantaneously, Nutanix Calm Upgrades, Accessing Calm REST API Explorer.
If you have any question let me know in the comments!