dinCloud, an X-Powered Nutanix Service Provider, uses Nutanix APIs to turbocharge service delivery
dinCloud provides DaaS, IaaS, and other technology services both directly to end-user companies and through an in-direct channel that includes managed service providers, value-added resellers, and systems integrators. Each dinCloud customer operates within a hosted private cloud, providing the same benefits as public cloud but with greater security and control.
Our customers need the ability to simply and automatically provision new workloads and services. When dinCloud adopted Nutanix as its standard platform, we wanted to find a way to further increase the convenience of our services.
We accomplished this by integrating Nutanix infrastructure with our cloud management platform using Nutanix-native APIs to automate provisioning of DaaS and other infrastructure services including servers, security and snapshots.
Ease of Use
While we had previously integrated the dinCloud management platform with other converged and webscale infrastructure, we wanted to achieve a high level of integration with Nutanix so that advanced enterprise features and functionality could be offered to our customers in a way which is consistent with what they are used to in terms of simplicity of use.
Nutanix provides the APIs for all of its many features out of the box, so this turned out to be a lot less challenging than what we had faced in the past when integrating with other vendors.
We utilize the Nutanix APIs for automation of provisioning for a number of tasks:
- DaaS provisioning and automation of Citrix Workspace and
- WAN Optimization using Netscaler provisioning and integration
- Automated IaaS provisioning and management including virtual servers, storage, firewalls, networking and security policies
- Snapshot management. Snapshot creation, custom retention policies, data recovery, and other features are available.
- Fast workload provisioning. Customer onboarding time has been reduced significantly with features like template-based cloning.
- Analytics and monitoring. Customers have access to detailed Nutanix analytics for all dinCloud workloads.
- Transparent, non-disruptive workload migration allows us to perform maintenance activities with interrupting customer workloads.
- Capacity and performance management APIs help us manage our infrastructure efficiently without surprises
- Integration with other built-in tools allows our environment to function as a single, integrated ecosystem.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and not those of Nutanix, Inc. or any of its other employees or affiliates. This blog may contain links to external websites that are not part of Nutanix.com. Nutanix does not control these sites and disclaims all responsibility for the content or accuracy of any external site.
2018 Nutanix, Inc. All rights reserved. Nutanix is a trademark of Nutanix, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. All other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective holder(s)