As the saying goes, “what a difference a year makes.“ Back in July 2018, Veeam launched support for Nutanix’s AHV hypervisor with Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV. This new addition was to complement the existing support Veeam has had for vSphere and Hyper-V for Nutanix customers. Within a few months, the alliance relationship started picking up speed, and it was clear that Nutanix customers embraced Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV by the number of licenses being sold in such a short amount of time. With the addition of AHV support, Veeam can now provide customers a common backup and recovery platform for Nutanix Acropolis environments that supports:
- Nutanix AHV, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments
- Granular Data Recovery for Microsoft SQL, AD, Exchange, SharePoint and Oracle that provides agentless, granular and rapid recovery of individual objects, files and individual application items from a simple and intuitive interface.
- Ransomware protection with support for off-line tape media
- Operational simplicity that eliminates the costs and complexity of legacy infrastructure, visualization and Intelligent Data Management
- and much more
Second gear kicked when Veeam elevated Nutanix in January 2019 to our top partner status of Global Alliance Partner. This is a status that only a few of the top IT vendors in the world are given. With this new partner status, Veeam and Nutanix has further strengthened their executive ties, established joint funding and got busy working on collaborative engineering efforts. In just a few months, we’ve gone from listing Nutanix as standard alliance, to a Global Alliance that is a true business partner that Veeam actively goes to market with to simplify and protect our joint customer base.
Shifting into third gear, most alliance partners tend to focus on the executive, sales and marketing side of the business. However, this ignores one of the most important parts of a company: the technical or System Engineer (SE) part of the business. Once again, Nutanix and Veeam collaborated to create the Zero To Protect program to ensure both companies’ SEs were comfortable with each other’s technologies in order to provide a complete solution to you, our customer base.
At this point, the time has come to finally kick into fourth gear. Some may suppose this could be called the cruising gear, but that’s not the case for these alliance partners. The fourth gear is the most exciting part of this journey, and it will be unfolding at .NEXT. So, when you attend here are some sessions I suggest you should attend to find out what’s next for the Nutanix and Veeam alliance.
- Opening Keynote - Main Stage on Wednesday, May 8, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM in the Auditorium, speaker: Sunil Potti Chief Product and Development Officer for Nutanix
- Session: Introducing How Nutanix is Making Data Protection Easy, Integrated and Invisible – Wednesday May 8th 11:15 AM - 12:00 PM, Room North 258, speaker: Mark Nijmeijer, Director of Product Management for Nutanix and Jay Chitnis, Sr Director of Strategic Alliances for Nutanix. You do not want to miss this session, it will be well worth your time
- Session: Veeam + Nutanix Product Innovation – Wednesday May 8th 3:40 PM - 4:25 PM, Room 251, speaker: -Ronn Martin, System Architect for Veeam Software. Get there early, last year’s session was standing room only.
- The Cube Interview – Wednesday May 8th 4:30 – 4:50 PM, at the Cube Studio with Ken Ringdahl, VP of Global Alliance Architecture for Veeam Software and Mark Nijmeijer, Director of Product Management for Nutanix,. Get the details on the direction the growing alliance between Nutanix and Veeam will take.
2019 Nutanix, Inc. All rights reserved. Nutanix, the Nutanix logo and the other Nutanix products and features mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nutanix, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective holder(s).