This post was authored by Rebeca Kinslow, from our content marketing team
Wondering what people are doing to stay engaged during quarantine? Here’s a hint: One British book retailer reported a 400% rise in online sales week on week at the end of March... and they aren’t the only ones seeing these massive book sale upticks.
Reading has become a staple during social distancing restrictions. If you’re looking to join the trend, or just need a new book to add to your list, we’ve got just the thing for you. We asked our customers for their best IT-related book recommendations, and they were so good, we had to share!
From boosting emotional intelligence, to the power of morning routines, lessons from baseball, and the power of introverts, these recommended IT reads have something for everyone.
Check out the top 10 book recommendations from your fellow IT professionals:
- Has your screen time been waaaay up lately, author Cal Newport thinks so? Accept the invitation to reconsider social media in this book - Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
- You’ve heard of IQ; now get ready for EQ. In this book, author Kerry Goyette enables you to see the power of emotional intelligence in the workplace and gain tips on how to boost yours - The Non-Obvious Guide to Emotional Intelligence
- Author Gene Kim has been a speaker at .NEXT, featured in NEXT Magazine, and is a venerated thought leader in the DevOps space. It’s no surprise that his book comes highly recommended among IT folks! The Phoenix Project: A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
- In a world of uncertainty, one thing is certain: we never know what we don’t know. This instant bestseller by Hans Rosling has been praised widely for its explanation of how our unconscious guesses distort our world, and how to beat them - Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World -- and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
- Looking for a money makeover? Look no further than this book - it’s even in the title! from author Dave Ramsey - The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- Let’s be honest, who wouldn’t love a boost in feelings of happiness, helpfulness, and aliveness? This next recommendation, authored by Robin Sharma proves that the habits we have when we wake up affect how we feel everyday - The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
- Ken Coleman says, “Forget the traditional career advice you’ve heard!” His book will teach you how to connect with the right people, and be prepared when opportunities come - The Proximity Principle: The Proven Strategy That Will Lead to a Career You Love
- In 2016, the Cubs broke a 108-year curse, making a truly historic World Series win. Catcher David Ross wrote this book to share mentoring and motivational ideas that drove his life and helped him uplift his teammates - Teammate: My Journey in Baseball and a World Series for the Ages
- If you prefer partying over reading, this book is for you; if you prefer reading over partying, this book is also for you. Quiet, from author Susan Cain, is a book that has the power to permanently change how we see introverts, and equally important, how introverts see themselves - Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
- Last but not least, we are happy to say that our customers widely recommended one of our own... The Nutanix Bible! Written by Steven Poitras, The Nutanix Bible bridges the gap between IT and DevOps, as it attempts to explain computer science and software engineering trade-offs in very simple terms - The Nutanix Bible
What’s your book recommendation? Drop us a comment below to share!
For a few more reads we recommend, check out some of our most popular, recent assets:
Last but not least, don’t forget to sign up to join XTRIBE to be part of all our fun customer challenges and receive rewards for participating!
© 2020 Nutanix, Inc. All rights reserved. Nutanix, the Nutanix logo and all Nutanix product, feature and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nutanix, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective holder(s). This post may contain links to external websites that are not part of Nutanix.com. Nutanix does not control these sites and disclaims all responsibility for the content or accuracy of any external site. Our decision to link to an external site should not be considered an endorsement of any content on such a site. Certain information contained in this post may relate to or be based on studies, publications, surveys and other data obtained from third-party sources and our own internal estimates and research. While we believe these third-party studies, publications, surveys and other data are reliable as of the date of this post, they have not independently verified, and we make no representation as to the adequacy, fairness, accuracy, or completeness of any information obtained from third-party sources.