Server Virtualization

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2016 HV and version 5.5

SOLVED Go to solution
Moderator Moderator

Re: Windows Server 2016 HV and version 5.5

@jjdurrant I'm assuming you've already filed a support case? We're you able to power through?

Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Trailblazer

Re: Single Node Cluster with VMs for AOS 5.5

Single node cluster would only be supported in a DR target scenario with AOS 5. 

Trailblazer

@Jon I have not.. I was going to let it run a little longer. I will report back. Smiley Happy 

Nutanix Employee

Windows Server 2016 HV and version 5.5

Especially for XC customers wanting to upgrade to 2016: 5.5.0.1 is now available from the Nutanix Portal.

Trailblazer

Although this feature is not mission critical & since I run AHV.....I'll wait a little while longer until the bugs are out

AOS (NOS) v5.5 - Nutanix has identified a critical issue with the AOS 5.5 Network Segmentation feature (FEAT-2511) when used with the Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV). Do not use this new feature until a fix is provided. There is no estimated date for the fix at this time.
Moderator Moderator

rurikwilmot wrote:
Although this feature is not mission critical & since I run AHV.....I'll wait a little while longer until the bugs are out

AOS (NOS) v5.5 - Nutanix has identified a critical issue with the AOS 5.5 Network Segmentation feature (FEAT-2511) when used with the Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV). Do not use this new feature until a fix is provided. There is no estimated date for the fix at this time.

The fix for this is out today with 5.5.0.1, the first hotfix for 5.5.

Release notes are here: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Release-Notes-Acr-v5501:Release-Notes-Acr-v5...

This update also includes support for XC for Hyper-V 2016

Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Voyager

Thanks for the update on the G3.  Do you have any idea when that bios change will be pubilshed and the hypervisor upgrade supported.   Thanks!!!!

Moderator Moderator

I sent you an email to drill into the details

Please Kudos if useful!