Server Virtualization

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V 2016

SOLVED Go to solution
Scout

Re: Hyper-V 2016

+1. Q2 is pretty much over now, and no update here for nearly 5 months. What's the deal? I think we all understand that this is a significant upgrade from Microsoft, with lots of intracacies. But at the very least, some form of communication would be nice. I'm confident I'm not the only one with major infrastrucure projects on hold until 2016 is supported by Nutanix, so any form of realistic ETA would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
Explorer

Any update on this would be greatly appreciated.  I didn't attend .NEXT this year... was there any talk of Hyper-V and Windows 2016?  

Regards, 

Wayne

Explorer

I didnt attend either.. but I have heard/seen that 2016 is all go. GA Aug/Sep. This the session it was all announced:

NUTANIX ENTERPRISE CLOUD WITH HYPER-V AND WINDOWS SERVER 2016
Nutanix takes pride in being hypervisor agnostic and continues that tradition with our Windows Server 2016 support for Hyper-V. Hyper-V with Windows Server 2016 has introduced a number of new key features including discrete device assignment, change block tracking and switch embedded teaming to name a few. This session will explore Hyper-V support with Nutanix including the technical details around our integration with Windows Server 2016 and its ecosystem of products. Learn the key differences between Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 on Nutanix. Obtain best practices and considerations when deploying a Windows Server 2016 based Hyper-V solution with Nutanix. Understand the integration points with the Hyper-V ecosystem of products including the System Center suite and Azure Pack.

Explorer

Looking at the release notes of AOS 5.1.1.3, I get the impression that Hyper-V 2016 is still not GA.

Hyper-V

• ENG-87078 SCVMM 2016 and Windows Server 2016 versions are not supported.