Scripts

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. Can anyone give a hand on how to use command to exit CVM cluster reconfig mode?

Explorer

Hi. Can anyone give a hand on how to use command to exit CVM cluster reconfig mode?

Hi.Can anyone give a hand on how to use command to exit CVM cluster reconfig mode?

My appliance is DELL XC6320 ,CVM version 3.10.0-229.24.2.el6.nutanix.20151220.x86_64 .

I was doing some test on it. I used below steps to modify cvm ip addr:

1.cluster stop

2.cluster reconfig

3.enter http://[cvmipv6addr]:2100/ip_reconfig.html to modify CVMs IP,but waited for long time,no response.

4.so I used ssh to enter each CVM,modified /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 ,changed eth0 ip.

saved,then rebooted each cvm.

5.then I found I cant quit reconfig mode in web GUI,and cant start cluster,always reported:

...cluster is in process of being reconfigured,pls finish cluster reconfiguring...

stucked here and I really dont want to go factory reset. Appreciated for any help.

7 REPLIES
Moderator Moderator

Re: Hi. Can anyone give a hand on how to use command to exit CVM cluster reconfig mode?

@alexjin - Thanks for reaching out, can you file a support ticket so we can drill into this with you over WebEx?

You can do that through portal.nutanix.com for NX/SX and your respective OEM for Dell XC or Lenovo HX.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Explorer

Re: Hi. Can anyone give a hand on how to use command to exit CVM cluster reconfig mode?

Thanks Jon. Since we need to put this unit on demo ASAP,no time to wait more,so I reimaged all CVM and now everything's fine. Thanks again.

Pathfinder

Hi Sir,

May I ask one question for how to change my hyper-v host ip?

Cluster running is well but  PRISM show alert message as following list

Hypervisor x.x.x.x is not reachable from Controller VM "new ip" in the last 6 attempts.

can you please show me how to fix it?

Sean

Moderator Moderator

Hey Sean - can you submit a support ticket and we can help you live? You can submit ticket on portal.nutanix.com if you are a NX or SX customer, or through Dell or Lenovo for XC or HX respectively
Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Pathfinder

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your response
I located in Asia, i am afraid the time not convenient for you.
So I just ask for document or Vendor later.

Sean

Moderator Moderator

Sean,

We have 24/7 support across the globe, with follow the sun support. This means we've got support centers based in Asia/APAC for day time Asia support cases.

Please open a case and APAC support will help you.

Please Kudos if useful!
Trailblazer

Hi Alex,

Could you please tell me how to reimage the CVM ?

Cheers,

Jaffer

Cheers,
Jaffer