Product Ideas

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection Domain Snapshot range

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Explorer

Protection Domain Snapshot range

New Dell Nutanix customer here and loving it however I wanted to add a feature request. I am unsure if I can turn in a support ticket here on Nutanix since I deal directly with Dell on support.

My request is for the protection snapshot schedule to have a little bit more flexibility. Basically we are an 8-6 shop everyday and say I want to take snaps every 2 hours from 8-6 which equals basically six snaps a day for Mon - Fri. At this time if I set snaps at 2 hours it can only do them all day which equals 12 snaps a day and it will even take them on weekend when I dont need them then either. I realize since nothing much is changing that space wise they dont take up anything for space after hours however it would be nice to not have these unnecessary snaps to hang onto and be able to hang onto more useful snaps.

So basically be able to choose snaps every x minutes/hours between x and x time on x day(s). Your snaps schedule is very close now its just missing between x and x time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nutanix Employee

Re: Protection Domain Snapshot range

Hi @jivor50,

First off, welcome to the Nutanix family! It's always nice to see new customers hit up the forums. Second, we sure can add a request for something like that into a newer release. I can take a look and see if we have anything similar to that potentially coming down the pipe, as well.

As a temporary workaround, you can set up a weekly schedule that takes a snapshot at your intervals. So, in this case, setting up 6 weekly schedules (M,T,W,T,F) at the specified times would look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 1.26.01 PM.png

It's a little more manual to set it up that way, but it'll be a way right now to achieve what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Ryan

2 REPLIES
Nutanix Employee

Hi @jivor50,

First off, welcome to the Nutanix family! It's always nice to see new customers hit up the forums. Second, we sure can add a request for something like that into a newer release. I can take a look and see if we have anything similar to that potentially coming down the pipe, as well.

As a temporary workaround, you can set up a weekly schedule that takes a snapshot at your intervals. So, in this case, setting up 6 weekly schedules (M,T,W,T,F) at the specified times would look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 1.26.01 PM.png

It's a little more manual to set it up that way, but it'll be a way right now to achieve what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Ryan

Explorer

That works perfectly, thank you very much for the help!