Product Ideas

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile App to Manage Nutanix Cluster

SOLVED Go to solution
Adventurer

Mobile App to Manage Nutanix Cluster

Besides having the HTML Web Interface in managing Nutanix Clusters, it would be nice to have to include a mobile / tablet app to manage the environment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Moderator

Re: Mobile App to Manage Nutanix Cluster

I agree with you, and we've actually demo'd a ton of concepts around this both at the .NEXT conference as well as our internal engineering "Hackathons", we've just never pushed it out as a product ... as, well, no one's ever asked us to.

Looks like you guys are a NX customer. Do me a favor, go to portal.nutanix.com and file a ticket with priority RFE Request for Enhancement, and mention both this thread as well as engineering ticket FEAT-1726

FEAT-1726 is our internal feature request that we've opened as a placeholder a while back, but we can link your request there, and it helps us track real user demand for such a feature.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
7 REPLIES
Moderator Moderator

I agree with you, and we've actually demo'd a ton of concepts around this both at the .NEXT conference as well as our internal engineering "Hackathons", we've just never pushed it out as a product ... as, well, no one's ever asked us to.

Looks like you guys are a NX customer. Do me a favor, go to portal.nutanix.com and file a ticket with priority RFE Request for Enhancement, and mention both this thread as well as engineering ticket FEAT-1726

FEAT-1726 is our internal feature request that we've opened as a placeholder a while back, but we can link your request there, and it helps us track real user demand for such a feature.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Adventurer

Done submitting RFE Ticket: 0085581 Mobile App to Manage Nutanix Cluster

Moderator Moderator

Fantastic, thanks, I see they linked it to that backend ticket, thank you again!

Please Kudos if useful!
Moderator Moderator

If you have a google device, you can check out @RGOUIN's mobile app here: http://next.nutanix.com/t5/Discussion-Forum/Released-Nutanix-Mobile-App-on-Google-Play/m-p/15949

Please Kudos if useful!
Adventurer

Unfortunately I'm an IOS user. I'll check this one out and look for an android device. Thanks for this!

Adventurer

This is a very nice Idea! I’m also a IOS user, so a Iphone app would be great. I already use the Dell OpenManage app for managing my IDRAC interfaces and some VMware app, for managing vCenter.

Unfortunately I’m a Dell XC customer and we cannot create directly a RFE ticket. So I have done the request through our Dell Engineer. My nutanix ticket is 00107965 and this case is now linked as an RFE to the requested FEAT-1726.

Tags (2)
Journeyman

I agree it would be really awesome to have an nutanix app for IOS to manage our cluster