Product Ideas

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling a NIC in Prism

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Wayfarer

Disabling a NIC in Prism

I would love to see the ability to disable a NIC card in Prism when running AHV.  VMware has this feature, and I find it incredibly useful when you want to bring up a server that you don't want on the network just yet.

AFAIK the closest thing that AHV has to this is deleting the NIC adapter and then booting the system, but that causes more work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Moderator

Re: Disabling a NIC in Prism

Joe,

Good point. We've got this on the short term roadmap in 2017. We can talk about it more over a beer if you want, I'm around all December in town.

Can you do me a solid, and submit a support ticket on portal.nutanix.com with priority RFE request for enhancement, and ask this same question, and ask them to associate the ticket to the these two tickets?

PM-453

ENG-50082

This will help us track real world volume for these requests.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
2 REPLIES
Moderator Moderator

Joe,

Good point. We've got this on the short term roadmap in 2017. We can talk about it more over a beer if you want, I'm around all December in town.

Can you do me a solid, and submit a support ticket on portal.nutanix.com with priority RFE request for enhancement, and ask this same question, and ask them to associate the ticket to the these two tickets?

PM-453

ENG-50082

This will help us track real world volume for these requests.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Wayfarer

Jon, +1 for this feature but also, on top of the OP's request for the ability to disable a NIC, I'd like to be able to change the connected VLAN while the VM is running, plus the option to leave it disconnected but enabled (simulating an unplugged network cable).

- Would these features be on the same feature request or a separate one?

- Is this RFE already getting rolled into the upcoming upgrades, or should I submit another RFE request?

For now I've found a way to change the VLAN connection via ACLI, but it won't work when the VM is running and it won't allow a disconnected state on the NIC (you have to select an existing VLAN).

JP