Prism

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prism Central License

Adventurer

Re: Prism Central License

Apologies but I spoke too soon. Although I found the option to disable the extra features, once disabled, I still get the warning about license violations.

prism-pro-licensing3.JPG

prism-pro-licensing4.JPG

I already tried restarting prism or all cluster services but without any luck so far.

Moderator Moderator

Well that is certainly annoying isn't it? Sorry about that, unchecking that box should have worked.

Can you send in a support ticket when you get a chance so we can have an engineer take a look at this for you?

Thanks, 

Jon

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Adventurer

Hi Jon,

I raised a support ticket with Dell (we are using the XC series) and see what happens.

Not sure whether they'll forward to Nutanix knowing that in theory we don't have a support contract for Prism Central (starter).

Nutanix Employee

Hi @dboden,

It should be supported since you should be able to disable the Prism Pro features particularly as a Prism Starter user. 

Moderator Moderator

Hey @dboden - no worries, if you've got a Dell support contract, that should be good enough to get this investigated. If you encounter any push back, let us know.

Jon Kohler | Principal Architect, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Outrider

Have exact same problem - could you please brief the solution so i dont have to create a support ticket - so anoying to do on XC .. :-/ Takes like forever to create a ticket :-(
Adventurer

I have not heard back from Dell so far but managed to fix the problem myself.

First thing I did was enabling and disabling the Pro features one more time to see whether this would magically solve the issue but it did not. I then saw that there was still an outstanding alert for the license violations which I resolved.

I've not seen the violation message since then and ncc health check is now also showing that the check passed.

Running : health_checks system_checks check_license_compliance
[==================================================] 100%
/health_checks/system_checks/check_license_compliance [ PASS ]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+---------------+
| State | Count |
+---------------+
| Pass | 1 |
| Total | 1 |
+---------------+

Moderator Moderator

hey @Zentura been crazy busy, following up on old threads tonight, did your error also go away, or do you still have this problem?

Please Kudos if useful!