Nutanix Xtract for VM

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xtract for VM Compatibility With CE

SOLVED Go to solution
Adventurer

Xtract for VM Compatibility With CE

I was looking to get my hands dirty with Xtract for VM by migrating a few small Linux VMs in my lab from vSphere 6.5 to a 3-node CE cluster. I have tried several different VMs and Xtract versions (1.1.0 & 1.0.24) yet when I attempt to perform a cutover I get the following error:

Task RPC client failed: 'connection is shut down'.

I have tried rebuilding the Xtract VM a few times along with trying several differnet CentOS source VMs to no avail. I understand support for CE is not a huge priority however it would be great if this did work as it would help show people testing out CE (and Nutanix for the first time) how slick this migration path really is. I have generated a support bundle from my Xtract VM which I can send somebody if that will help (let me know). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nutanix Employee

Re: Xtract for VM Compatibility With CE

Hi @dburkland-nsit,

I'm the product manager for Xtract.  While we aren't officially supporting CE in Xtract at this time, I do believe it should just work due to the APIs being identical with AOS.  I'll check with our engineering team on this and see if we can confirm this is working in our labs.  If possible, can you email me your support bundle from Xtract?

Thanks,

Jeremy

jeremy.launier@nutanix.com

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @dburkland-nsit - let me see if I can get some eyes on this error - stay tuned

--
Community Manager, Nutanix
Question Answered? Click Accept as Solution!
Tags (1)
Nutanix Employee

Hi @dburkland-nsit,

I'm the product manager for Xtract.  While we aren't officially supporting CE in Xtract at this time, I do believe it should just work due to the APIs being identical with AOS.  I'll check with our engineering team on this and see if we can confirm this is working in our labs.  If possible, can you email me your support bundle from Xtract?

Thanks,

Jeremy

jeremy.launier@nutanix.com

Highlighted
Adventurer

Thanks Jeremy, I sent you the bundles from my email, let me know if you need anything else in order to dig into this further.

Thanks!

Dan

Adventurer

Wanted to follow up that 1.1.1 of Xtract for VM resolved my issue that I was running into. Thanks @jlaunier & @aluciani!