Nutanix Platform Professional (NPP)

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Plus Collaboration

Pathfinder

Re: Online Plus Collaboration

Have other recived the creds to connec to the lab.

Hi Shane,

You should have received two emails with links to the eLearning content. One on Monday, and one on Thursday.  If these did not arrive, please check your spam folder.

Please email us at nu.school@nutanix.com if you need any further assistance.

Hello, Babak.

Please email us at nu.school@nutanix.com with the specific resource you are trying to access. We'd be glad to help!

Hi, Nick.

We apologize for the delay.  The instructor sent out the instructions earlier today.

If you have any future issues, please contact the instructor directly, or email us at nu.school@nutanix.com.

Hello, Raymond.

You are absolutely correct!  The image for Node B needs to be updated, because it has TWO SSDs, not one.  Good eye!

Here are the tech specs for the NX-3050 series: https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Hardware_Admin_Ref-Acr_v4_5:har_system_speci...

I'll pass along this info to our content team.

Adventurer

Anyone else having issues today testing the VMware Horizon Client? It worked for a couple days ago, but today I get the following message: 

" The assigned desktop source for this desktop is not currently available...."

Hopefully, I'm able to get into the lab today.

Thanks for your feedback. We want to make sure that we are looking into the correct question. Is this the one that you are referencing?

Where is a write request first stored? (choose one)
In the Oplog on an HDD drive
In the Oplog on an SSD drive
The Oplog on the Metadata drive

I'll have to look into that. It sounds like we are having some "desktop pool rot" going on.

John Nouveaux
NPP #147
Trailblazer

I think best anwser is "In the Oplog on an SSD drive"

read more from Nutanix Pible.

The OpLog is similar to a filesystem journal and is built to handle bursts of random writes, coalesce them, and then sequentially drain the data to the extent store.  Upon a write, the OpLog is synchronously replicated to another n number of CVM’s OpLog before the write is acknowledged for data availability purposes.  All CVM OpLogs partake in the replication and are dynamically chosen based upon load.  The OpLog is stored on the SSD tier on the CVM to provide extremely fast write I/O performance, especially for random I/O workloads.  For sequential workloads, the OpLog is bypassed and the writes go directly to the extent store.  If data is currently sitting in the OpLog and has not been drained, all read requests will be directly fulfilled from the OpLog until they have been drained, where they would then be served by the extent store/content cache

Nutanix Employee

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We have corrected the quiz and have repblished a new version of the course to reflect this change. You will not see this new version, as it is not possible to fix this in an active version without loosing all student's progress in the course, however, all new students will see the newly revised version. Thanks again for your attention to detail and for pointing this out to us! Hope you enjoyed your course!

Renee M. Haran
Renee Mendoza Haran | nu.school