Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What 10G modules are supported on Nutanix?

Highlighted
Adventurer

What 10G modules are supported on Nutanix?

Hello All,

Just wonder to learn what 10G modules are supported on Nutanix. SFP+ is supported but is XFP supported? I have a customer who has a switch that supports only XFP, so if I tell them to get XFP module to their switch and SFP+ module to the Nutanix and the modules connect with fiber, would there be any issue in the future about the communication? 

Cheers...

Tags (4)
8 REPLIES
Nutanix Employee cam
Nutanix Employee

Re: What 10G modules are supported on Nutanix?

The Nutanix models today support SFP+, but you should be fine connecting SFP+ to XFP over 10GB LC fiber. You will need the SFP+ transceivers on the Nutanix side and the XFP transceivers on the switch side. Not tested, but in theory it should work just fine.
--Cam
Nutanix Systems Engineer
Scout

Any particular manufacturer recommended?

Journeyman

Might Intel SPF+ will work for all Nutanix models.... 

Guardian

Are you asking about the SFP modules that plug in to the PCI cards or the PCI cards themselves?

For the SFP modules, look at KB2194.  Nutanix doesn't maintain a list, just make sure it's compatible with the NIC and upstream switch.  

Journeyman

Yes, I am asking about the SFP modules that plug in to the PCI cards. I have tried many of SFP + whch does not support the box

Guardian

A lot of our customers use Cisco and we haven't had issues with their SFPs.  FWIW.

Chevalier

@sachin8094 NX does not support XCP AFAIK you can use SFP+ pr BASE-T

for SFP+ to Nutanix I've been using Cisco, Arista, Mellanox. All compatible. Also Mellanox QSFP 40GB to 4x10 GB

Which SFP+ you tried and does not support the box ?

Nutanix Employee

Team my customer recently acquired NX-3060s G5 with the quad-port 10G NICs, and they are asking if they can use 10BaseT SFP+ modules with this adapter?