Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Nutanix Powershell commandlets download?

SOLVED Go to solution
Wayfarer

Using Nutanix Powershell commandlets download?

Hello,

I am new to Nutanix and installed the Community Edition from ce-2016.10.12-stable.img and upgraded Powershell to 4.0 on my Windows 7 x64 laptop.

I just downloaded the Powershell cmdlets Installer from my Prism page and installed successfully (NutanixCmdlets icon on the desktop). 

I launch the NutanixCmdlets icon on the desktop and trying to connect to my (single) cluster using connect-NTNXCluster command using IP and credentials, but fails with error (attached).  I've also tried from Powershell prompt after importing module.  Any suggestions?

ntnxpw.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Moderator

Re: Using Nutanix Powershell commandlets download?

understood. Give it a whack when the new build drops so we aren't chasing ghosts Smiley Happy 

Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
6 REPLIES
Moderator Moderator

For community Edition, we're about to release a massive update based on AOS 5.0, which has PowerShell changes in-built, so best not to soak up time right now with the 2016.10.12 release + PowerShell if you can put a pin in this for another few days. Working on getting release candidate 5 out the door this week.

Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Highlighted
Wayfarer

Thank you!

Just trying to get it functional in general to begin executing commands and mainly to demonstrate to customers when asked.

Moderator Moderator

understood. Give it a whack when the new build drops so we aren't chasing ghosts Smiley Happy 

Please Kudos if useful!
Wayfarer

Ok, Thanks Jon!

Wayfarer

Looknig around for the 'new build'.

Looks like nothing has changed...

Sorry, Jon...

Still an MSI to install and a Posh Snapin.

Help is almost non-existant.

Is Nutanix serious about PowerShell?

Moderator Moderator

mwiedmeyer wrote:

Looknig around for the 'new build'.

Looks like nothing has changed...

Sorry, Jon...

Still an MSI to install and a Posh Snapin.

Help is almost non-existant.

Is Nutanix serious about PowerShell?

Honestly, this has been a sore spot, and I'm personally not happy with it. We're actually in the middle of recoding this entire thing, as it's not up to where we want it to be. Happy to talk about that project in more detail if you'd like, hit me up jon@nutanix.com and I can give you the internal details

Please Kudos if useful!