Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates from ESXi Host

Highlighted
Squire

Templates from ESXi Host

Good Morning,

I was wondering if there was a way to migrate existing templates from my ESXi host to our new Nutanix cluster? 

6 REPLIES
Adventurer

Re: Templates from ESXi Host

Hi,

I think you can convert your templates into an virtual machine and follow the Migration article:

https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Migration-Guide-AOS-v52:Migration-Guide-AOS-...

You have to prepaire your template first. Install for example the VirtIO Drivers.

Kind regards,

Sibo Attema

Trailblazer

Hi there

Presuming the new location is also ESXi, just convert the template to a VM, move it over and convert back to template

Hope this helps

Explorer

Is this going to be on a new vCenter?  You can use content library to syncronize all templates across all vCenters.  

Guardian

@adminljd

I don't think it would be direct template migration even from ESXi cluster (Non Nutanix) to ESXi cluster (Nutanix)

It should be convert to VM first CMIIW

If using AHV then you need to install NGT first before migrate it to Nutanix (AHV)

Community Manager

Hi @adminljd

Let us know if any of the replies below have helped. 

To also help other community members, if you find an answer that helps, consider clicking the 'Accept as Solution' - This will help others find an answer quicker.

Squire

Koja99 

Thank you for the response. I will give this a try.