Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NGT and VSS

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted
Adventurer

NGT and VSS

Hello,

My company recently installed a 3-node Nutanix cluster and I'm going through the motions to get our production environment (vmware) moved over to AHV.

During my testing I've noticed after installing the NGT I cannot see the Nutanix VSS provider. All the videos/documents I can find about this process seem to be from NOS 4.6 and show the provider in the list, I don't know if it's changed and perhaps it doesn't show as a provider anymore.

'vssadmin list providers' shows only these two:

Microsoft File Share Shadow Copy provider

Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0

When the tools are installing it shows events for the vss utility and it is installed successfully. I just want to ensure snapshots taken through AHV will be application consistent as we will be using CloudConnect.

Many thanks,

Daniel

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: NGT and VSS

For future reference I have confirmed with Nutanix that as of v 5.0.1 (from memory) the vss provider is registered upon request so it will not be listed in the providers anymore (unless you catch it while taking a snapshot).

1 REPLY
Adventurer

Re: NGT and VSS

For future reference I have confirmed with Nutanix that as of v 5.0.1 (from memory) the vss provider is registered upon request so it will not be listed in the providers anymore (unless you catch it while taking a snapshot).