Installation & Configuration

Welcome to the Nutanix NEXT community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metro Availability and VM snapshot

SOLVED Go to solution
Adventurer

Re: Metro Availability and VM snapshot

Hi Nutanix eng., any news to snapshot at VM's level in metro?
It's a very missing feature in my opinion and the bad thing is that simplivity can do it Smiley Sad
Moderator Moderator

@Cipo80 from the previous messages, it sounds like you were able to get this working via the CLI, is that correct?

Also, for the sake of tracking, can you file a support ticket with priority RFE - Request for Enhancement, and ask them to link your ticket with this internal engineering ticket: ENG-34942

That will track customer demand for fixing this up in the GUI/Prism.

Jon

Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Adventurer

Hi Jon, yes, it's possible to do that via CLI, but only the restore of an entire container.

Anyway Isn't possible to restore a single VM like a NON-metro cluster with Async DR.

Actually if you are in Metro and you need to restore a VM, the first step is to restore the entire container by CLI then delete all useless VM's in this container and add the only one you need in the vsphere. The result it's the same like Async DR, but with a lot of manual operations.(I hope to understand my basic English).

I'll open a ticket following your istruction with this integration.

Thank you for the support, have a nice day

Adventurer

Hi guys, i've open the request feature ticket in July, but sadly I can't see any news during the updates of 4.6.X and 4.7.X also. This morning, again, I've used the CLI procedure to restore a VM.

Any plans to implement it in the future releases?

Thanks

Moderator Moderator

I pinged the ticket internally to see where it's at. As you can imagine, with any feature request, implementation is a matter of demand and priority. I can tell you there has not yet been that much demand, but we do recognize it as something that we should have.

The feature owner for this is @MarkNijmeijer, so he can speak to the ins and outs.

Jon Kohler | Technical Director, Engineering, Nutanix | Nutanix NPX #003, VCDX #116 | @JonKohler
Please Kudos if useful!
Voyager

Hello,

Any news about this feature request ?

Thanks

Marc

Moderator Moderator

Still in the queue, as it hasn't gotten a lot of customer demand (or rather, other features have more than this one).

If you've got access to the Nutanix support portal, please file a ticket with priority "RFE" and reference internal ticket ID  ENG-34942, that will link your request with the backend ticket to help us properly track demand

Please Kudos if useful!
Highlighted
Voyager

very needed

i have 2 costumers that wants it

Moderator Moderator

Thanks @EladRosen. Please follow my previous guidance above if you haven't already.

Please Kudos if useful!